In light of the shelter-in-place order from Governor Whitmer on 03-24-20, it is our first priority that (1) clients do what they feel is best for them and their families, during the shelter-in-place order, (2) that clients who are at high risk or who are demonstrating ANY symptoms should stay-in as well, and (3) anyone who has recently traveled should consider 14 days self-quarantine to make sure they are not showing any viral symptoms/signs.
Clarification has been made by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security who released a memorandum on the identification of essential critical infrastructure workers during the Covid-19 response. “Physical therapy has been identified as an essential part of our health care system, and it states that we as a health care facility have “a duty” to remain an available health care service.” In the words of Dr. Matos, an official with the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, Department of Defense Global Emerging Infections Surveillance and Response System, and the CDC shared his thoughts on the need for physical therapists during this crisis. “Physical therapists are essential in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic. They play a key role in keeping people they can help out of doctors’ offices and ER’s. This will not only free up the medical teams to treat those impacted by COVID-19, but also limit the exposure of those seeking the care of the physical therapist.”
Joe Cordes, PT/GCFP will continue to be an available resource and open to the community, but with limited hours and days for the optimum health of all, and is providing extensive and highly effective options via Online Services during this time. Our office will continue to follow the Covid hygiene and safety protocols below, and will send clients home if they present with any symptoms on initial arrival. Equally, we will self monitor continually and make sure therapist health is optimum, or the office will close.
It appears that now we will have to close our doors until the government and medical officials determine it’s acceptable to open again. Whenever this happens, please know you can count on our office following the guidelines listed below. In the meantime, please see Joe’s online session options, to help you maintain and progress with your mind-body-spirit needs, even amidst the Covid crisis. Count on our support.
We want you to know the following measures we are implementing to ensure your best health:
- Criteria for coming into the office:
If you feel sick or are concerned about your health, please stay home.
If any of our therapists feel sick they will not be coming in either.
- Social Distance: We have a low traffic office, and are trying to get people right into the room when they arrive. As such, social distance in the lobby is easily maintained, however, if you prefer to wait outside until your therapist is ready, that is absolutely acceptable.
- Hygiene and Avoiding Surface Contact: We’re washing hands regularly (a standard practice) and providing soap for others to do the same. We are also wiping down ALL surfaces that a client or therapist might come into contact within the offices, halls, lobby, and bathrooms. Be assured this is being done throughout the day.
- Skype sessions: For many of our therapists and collective members, we can alternatively provide Skype sessions to provide some of our services. Please ask and we’ll happily tell you more. Immune Boosting Suggestions: Several of our therapists have ideas if you need them, for strengthening and maintaining a healthy immune system in the weeks ahead. Feel free to ask for that when you communicate with your therapist.
- Taking Care of Your BodyMind: We encourage you to seek ways to ground yourself, to keep your breathing calm and full, to get some sun as able, and to move your body in healthy ways during your day. Once again, all of us are happy to provide you with ideas on this.
All of us at the Eagle Park Wellness Collective wants you to know that we are here for you, to support your healing journey, and guide you as best we can in steps to a happier and healthier life. In uncertain times like today, know that we are equally present and available to you in that need and you can count on our assistance.
Yours in the journey,
The Eagle Park Wellness Collective Staff